In this podcast, Eric and Neil explain how successful marketers think. Tune in to hear what you should be doing to become a more successful marketer.
In this podcast, you will learn:
- Successful marketers are numb to failure [00:35]
- Most experiments are going to fail, but as long as you continue to improve by 1%/week, that will be a 50% gain over the course of a year [00:45]
- Consistency is key [01:13]
- It takes time to get things right, but you have to stay the course [01:20]
- Eric writes thousands of blog posts, even though he has terrible grammar. He knows it is important to follow through and be consistent [01:45]
- Be a T-shaped marketer [01:50]
- Spot trends! If you are not good at spotting trends, keep reading news sites and stay on top of things [02:30]
- Things change so quickly in marketing [03:25]
- If you are not thinking about ROI, you are not going to succeed in the marketing world [04:45]
- It’s important to be data-driven; the numbers do not lie [05:20]
- Don’t be afraid to shake up whatever industry you are in [05:59]
- Neil is willing to do this by taking competitors products or services, copying them, and then offering them for free [06:12]
This story originally appeared on Neil Patel.