In this podcast, Eric and Neil explain how marketers are full of shit. Tune in to hear how you can decipher a bullshitter from a talented marketer.
In this podcast, you will learn:
- Marketers always talk a big game, but their results speak for themselves [00:34]
- When hiring marketers, make sure whatever they claim to have done is backed up by proof [01:08]
- Eric’s friend had to fire his marketing guy, because the marketer used up too many resources [01:45]
- You must absolutely require proof of success and pay them for a trial period [02:16]
- Always test out a working relationship before you pull the trigger [02:48]
- Neil doesn’t care what your title is, he is only focused on efficacy and results [03:20]
- Eric and Neil can easily provide proof of their results [03:43]
- “What is the most impressive win of your marketing career thus far?” is Eric’s favorite interview question. Once you start pressing for details, you can tell whether a candidate is lying [04:05]
- Neil likes to show candidates his website and ask what they would do to fix any issues [04:40]
- This is a great way to see if they can think on their feet or improve upon anything. It shows you if they know what they are talking about [05:05]
This story originally appeared on Neil Patel.